Abstract Submission Guidelines and Instructions
Abstract submission deadline extended till Friday 20 March 5pm AEDT (UTC+11)
- The abstract submission deadline is 20 March 2020, 5pm AEDT (UTC+11)
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically and in English
- There is no abstract submission fee
- You may submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts as presenting author
- All material must be the work of the authors listed and appropriately referenced
- All presenters are required to pay the Conference registration fee and are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses
- After the submission deadline all abstracts will be reviewed. Accepted abstracts will be included in the conference program once the author has registered to attend. Should the author wish to withdraw their abstract after the submission deadline, the author should contact the organisers.
- The link for the abstract submission will bring you to a login page, where you create your personal login. Make sure to keep your login information, as you can use it again later for the conference registration. You will also be asked to create a profile with your personal information in order to make your submission
- In the submission process you will be asked to select which presentation type you prefer, oral or poster. Oral presentations will be 15 minutes duration (12 minutes presentation, 3minutes question time). If we cannot accommodate your oral presentation you may be asked to submit a poster instead.
- Before uploading your abstract, you will be asked to choose a theme to which is corresponds:
- Lab/Organ/On-Chip Technologies
- Biofabricated Tissues and Organs
- Evaluation, Characterisation and Quality Control for Biofabrication
- Fabrication Methods and Technologies
- Regulatory/Ethics and Clinical Translation
- Industrial Applications in Biofabrication
- The abstract title is limited to 40 words
- The abstract text is limited to 500 words. If the text is too long, you cannot proceed to the next step and will be prompted to shorten the abstract.
- You can type your abstract directly in the submission form online or copy and paste it from another document. Special characters and formatting may be lost during the copying process. You may use special characters by using the ‘special character keyboard’ shown in the submission portal
- The description on the top of the submission platform provides instructions and contact details should you encounter difficulties with the submission. The red horizontal menu at the top of the page allows you to skip between the different steps of the submission process. Do not use the back button of your browser.
- At any time during a submission, you can save your submission as a ‘draft’, you can then complete them at a later stage with your login.
You can edit or delete your abstract if necessary, add or remove authors and change the presenting author or the order of the authors after submission, but only until the submission deadline on 20 March 2020, 5pm AEST
Poster Guidelines and Printing
Poster size: If you would like to submit an abstract for a poster presentation please nominate this when you submit via the Submission Portal. Posters should be in portrait and not exceed A0 size (1189mm high x 841mm wide). Pins/tape to adhere your poster to the display boards will be provided by the conference organisers.